Dr. William Pittas is a graduate of Arcadia University in Glenside, PA where he received his BA in Biology, followed by time at the Drexel University studying Biomedical Science before earning his Medical Degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Amidst his long list of educational experience, Dr. William Pittas serviced his most recent fellowship for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as his residency for General Surgery at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, MI. Since 2009, he has served as Chief of Plastic Surgery at St. Mary’s of Michigan Hospital.
He has completed fellowships at two prestigious Chicago Institutions – Facial Plastic and Body Cosmetic Surgery at the University of Chicago, and Cosmetic Surgery at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Pittas has taught courses as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgical Specialties at Michigan State university, and he’s fluent in three languages – English, Spanish, and Greek.
- International Board of Medicine and Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Associate Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College for Osteopathic Surgeons
Honors & Recognitions:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Plastic Surgeon of the Year, 2015 and 2016
- Chief of General Surgery Residents, Henry Ford and Bi-County Hospitals
- Chief of all Surgical Sub-specialties, Henry Ford Bloomfield Hospital
- Associate Clinical Professor, Central Michigan University School of Medicine
- Chief of Division of Plastic Surgery, St. Mary's of Michigan