TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This includes Airbrush or stains) 2 weeks before treatment.
- On the day of treatment keep your face clean & do not apply make-up.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned. Your skin may appear red and blotchy with swelling & peeling, that can last 3-7 days. However, your skin can continue to be red or pink for a few days for up to a couple of weeks following treatment.
- It is normal for your skin to “become worse” before it gets better, following treatment.
- Swelling can occur prominently around the eyes, especially in the morning.
- In some cases, you may notice a blister on the skin. Do not pick or pull it! If this happens, contact office for instructions.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: IF your skin becomes itchy… Drop 1-2 capfuls of white vinegar into a bowl of ice water. Splash on your face every 1-2 hours as needed.
- HYDRATE: Your skin will become drier than normal. Use post-laser creams such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion, or Gentle Recovery Complex as required for comfort.
- PROTECT: Apply sun protection immediately after treatment, and continue to do so daily. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Avoid sunlight for a minimum of 48 hours. Remember, Levulan is still active and could further reactions and burning!
- Avoid swimming or other exposures to chemicals until the skin has healed.
- Do not exercise or perform other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause an adverse reaction.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Sleep with extra pillows. Elevation can alleviate swelling.
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in a refrigerator, so it’s comforting upon applications.
- Apply Post Laser Lotion liberally to keep skin from becoming dry and tight; this will avoid the skin from becoming itchy and painful.
- Consider purchasing a gel mask for an additional cost. (It has a built-in recovery complex!)
- Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure, feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300.