Laser Hair Removal
TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure two weeks before treatment.
- On the day of treatment keep your areas clean, free of make-up & lotions.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm. Your skin may seem red & blotchy.
- Your skin may also get follicle swelling that is normal. (It usually appears as bumps, but is not uncomfortable).
- In some cases, you may note a blister on the skin. If this happens, do not pick or pull, contact office for instructions.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HYDRATE: Your skin may be more irritable than normal. Use a Post laser cream such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion, or Gentle Recovery Complex as needed for comfort.
- PROTECT: Apply sunscreen Immediately after the procedure and continue to use daily. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Avoid sunlight for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Until the skin has healed,
- avoid swimming or other exposures to chemicals.
- Exercise or other strenuous activity, hot tubs, & spas for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause an adverse reaction.
- Until the skin has healed, do not use make-up or shave the treated area(s).
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Exfoliate before treatment. (Be sure to use gentle exfoliation, no harsh salt scrubs). Apply post laser lotion to keep skin protected & comfortable.
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in a refrigerator, so it’s comforting upon applications.
- Cold packs or low percentage cortisone cream may be used to ease any temporary discomfort from itching or swelling.
- Benedryl can help with symptoms, such as an irritated, red rash.
- Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure, feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300.