TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This also includes Airbrush tanning or stains) 2 weeks before treatment.
- On the day of treatment keep your face or treatment area clean & do not apply make-up or products.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned. Your skin may appear red & blotchy with swelling.
- It is normal for your skin to look worse before getting better, including a possible break-out due to the extraction of bacteria from the pores.
- It is also possible to get small bruises caused by the suction of the machine.
- In some cases, a blister may appear on the skin. Do not pick or pull, contact office for instructions.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: Apply a cold compress for comfort.
- HYDRATE. Use post-laser creams such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion, or Gentle Recovery Complex should as required for comfort.
- PROTECT: Apply sunscreen immediately following your procedure and continue to use daily. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Stay out of the sun for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Until your skin is healed, avoid swimming or other exposures to chemicals.
- Exercise or other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause an adverse reaction.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in a refrigerator, so it’s comforting upon applications.
- Apply Post Laser Lotion liberally to keep skin from becoming dry and tight; it will prevent skin from becoming itchy and painful.
- Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your procedure, feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300.