Shelby Charter Township, MI
Dr. Charles Mok is the owner and founder of Allure Medical, founded in 2003. Dr. Mok is a visionary who is passionate about transforming healthcare and treating the entire patient, not just the symptoms.
The company has grown their offerings both geographically and by service line. They have 27 offices in 8 states. Allure Medical offers non-surgical varicose vein treatments, non-surgical cosmetic procedures, dermatology, stem cell therapy, and hormone replacement. The patient will find the most innovative, world-renown treatments and procedures to help them look and feel their best.
Allure Medical has won numerous awards including:
- 2019 Best Places to work in South Carolina
- 2019 Florida Best Companies to Work For
- 2018 Crain’s Detroit Cool Places to Work
- 2017 Inc. 5000 Detroit
- 2017 Detroit Free Press Top Work Places
- 2016 Crain’s Detroit Cool Places to Work
- 2016 Detroit Free Press Top Work Places
Allure Medical believes in curing the problem and/or disease, not just managing symptoms. Their goal is to save $10B in healthcare.
Allure is focused on always providing the most up-to-date care for any and every patient they encounter.
Regional Controller Position Summary:
Unique opportunity for a candidate to provide direct financial oversight of a large, multi-site medical practice. Responsible for financial oversight of assigned medical offices. Position requires strong experience with financial analysis and medical practice procedures such as patient billing, authorizations, coding, medical claims submission and collections as well as overall financial controls. This position will work cross-functionally with operations and front-line staff to help them understand their financial impact to the overall company objectives. The ideal candidate is well-organized, able to complete tasks independently, proven success in a fast- paced environment and is an effective team leader and communicator. Frequent periodic business travel is required to assigned medical practice offices and occasionally to the corporate office as well as engagement in periodic teleconferences.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration.
- CPA, CMA or MBA a plus
Five or more years of accounting experience required with a high degree of responsibility. The successful candidate will possess several years of healthcare management experience, must have strong communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills as well as high proficiency in Excel. Sage Intacct capability is a plus. Experience with a large organization with multiple locations preferred.
- Provides comprehensive oversight of the collections of all accounts receivable within their region and implement strategies to effectively meet office DSO goals, including:
- Patient Balances – ensues timely collection of all amounts owed including co-pays and deductibles. Works directly with physicians and office staff on payment plans.
- Hold Billing Resolution – Ensure timely resolution of claims held
- Insurance Claim Denials – work with front line employees to ensure insurance denials are resolved in a timely manner * Reviews accounts receivable reports monthly/ brings large balances and rejection patterns to the attention of physicians.
- Reviews monthly internal financial and management reports with local offices.
- Meets with providers and location operational leaders monthly to discuss financial results, efficiencies and best practices.
- Reviews daily reports and ensures check-out staff accurately complete the daily close including cash handling and making timely deposits.
- Partner across teams and with key stakeholders to simplify processes, policy and align procedures to changing business models/priorities
- Collaborate with regional leadership team and site team to optimize efficiencies around revenue cycle operations adhering to compliance requirements
- Ensure performance expectations are communicated, measured and reported timely
- Inventory Management
- Records required accruals at month end for responsible offices associated with Bad Debt, Revenue and Inventory.
- Financial Analysis
- Proper recording of expenses
- Analysis of what type of insurances are more profitable than others
- Provide variance explanations of actual to budget, forecast and prior years * With the assistance of local staff, prepares budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensures on-going proper recording of expenses and supplies inventory.