Shelby Charter Township, MI
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth?
Do you like working with many teams to complete one common goal?
Do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing healthcare companies that strives on innovation?
We are a growing innovative healthcare company that offers our employees personal and professional educational opportunities, exceptional benefits package that includes 401K, and healthy lifestyle assistance with gym reimbursement and healthy lunches, while working in a family-like atmosphere.
Founded in 2004 by Dr. Charles Mok, Allure Medical has grown into one of the top medical practices in the United States for various services. Our innovative services range from treating varicose veins to non-surgical face lifts, stem-cell therapy to hormone replacement therapy and so much more. Our experts and staff are focused on performing the safest and most effective treatments in a welcoming, patient-centric environment.
- We believe in using the latest advances in medicine to reduce overall healthcare costs for the patients we serve.
- Our front-line focused environment gives all employees the autonomy to make decisions. Allure employees are trained to think like owners and participate in a profit-sharing bonus.
- We are committed to helping each other succeed and learn together as we grow. Employees participate in an extensive on-boarding program to learn our culture and business before starting their on-the-job training.
This individual must have a thorough understanding of the entire revenue cycle process and provide leadership as well as partner with other leaders within the organization. The RCM will drive performance improvement and revenue enhancement opportunities, and as a subject matter expert they will assist in providing strategy, decision support, organizational planning, and operational leadership to optimize productivity, quality, and overall company revenue. The RCM will provide direct supervision to the Outsourced Billing Company, Billing Staff and Other department processes. Responsibilities will include oversight of the workflow and processes of the billing function with a focus on efficiency and accountability.
Essential Duties of the Position
- Evaluates effectiveness of billing and collection work flow. Recommends & implements changes to policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Analyzes and reports on revenue cycle management, such as: identifying and minimizing preventable denials and write-offs, monitoring systems workflow evaluating trends for the total Medical Group and for individual programs and physicians.
- Establish and implement metrics to monitor revenue cycle including outstanding revenue, cash as a percentage of net revenue and net collectible value, conversion rate, denial rate, unbilled, etc.
- Remove barriers that prevent the timely billing and collection of patient accounts and Implement current and future strategies to improve cash flow, minimize bad debt
- Oversee patient statement and collection process. Improve the collection of patient outstanding balances and aging > 120 days outstanding.
- Ensures accurate reimbursement is being received for services rendered.
- Process large quantities of data, monitor and set Key Performance Indicators and research any and remove all barriers to success
- Coach the outsourced billing company on processes, encompassing claims submission, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up and reimbursement
- Work with internal stakeholders and business partners to evaluate and analyze existing systems and processes, and develop strategic objectives and implement improvements that support revenue cycle goals and growth
- Work with IT to develop analytics dashboard and integrate multiple systems to produce real-time data for operational, managerial, and executive leadership including revenue, projected revenue, projected cash collection, productivity, denial metrics, etc.
- Establish corporate common language and standard for service delivery, licensing, and accreditation as it relates to revenue.
- Participate in payer negotiations, review contracts, implement contracts and oversee resolution of contract payment issues, and assist in collection efforts
- Analyze, interpret and implement payer contracts with complex reimbursement structures, including cost reimbursement, income statement/line item billing as well as capitated agreements
- Collaborates with other management staff and company leaders in strategic planning and development of the Revenue Cycle Management with the goal of ensuring ongoing effective billing and collection of revenues
- Establish, update, maintain and implement program centric Revenue Cycle policies and procedures
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and monitors their impact on business performance and competitive advantage as related to revenue cycle
- Bachelor’s degree (business, accounting or healthcare preferred) and 10+ years progressive senior level Revenue Cycle Management role, in a medical insurance/ healthcare billing environment. RCM experience in a large physician practice – multi state/location experience highly preferred
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections, revenue cycle, and Medicare, working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, claim forms, HIPAA policies, billing and insurance regulations, claims coding, medical terminology, and the appeals process
- Superior knowledge of EMR systems and Practice Management Systems
- Proven leadership and management, and the ability to motivate, mentor and supervise a Revenue Cycle Management team to success
- Superior knowledge and experience in full revenue cycle, from patient consult to treatment to collections
- Proven ability to develop and implement revenue cycle workflows, key performance indicators, service level agreements, and policies and procedures
- Experience with analyzing, interpreting and implementing payer contracts with complex reimbursement structures, including cost reimbursement, income statement/line item billing as well as capitated agreements
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives, strategic planning and process improvement
- Ability to gather and report key information and analyze outcome.
- Goal driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities with a high level of detail
Experience in designing/developing/directing RCM within a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships at all levels within the organization as well as externally with vendors, current partners and potential partners
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of team members
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to establish credibility and work effectively with physicians, department managers and staff.
- Able to uphold our Core Values:
- Great work ethic
- Respect for others
- Excellence in service
Allure’s corporate headquarters is in Shelby Township, MI.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages, exceptional benefits with bonus opportunities
- Flexibility in your schedule with paid time off
- Work for a company that has been noted to be one of the Top 50 Places to work in Metro Detroit by the Detroit Free Press in 2016 and 2017, as well as Cool Places to work by Crain’s business in 2016 and 2018
- Rewarding career that will help you personally and professionally
- Make an impact on your community with volunteer opportunities