TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This also includes Airbrush tanning or stains) 2 weeks before treatment.
- On the day of treatment keep your face or treatment area clean & do not apply make-up or products.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned for a couple of hours after treatment.
- Your skin may start to feel rough like sand grit. You may even see a darkening or bronzing of the skin. That is a typical response and will exfoliate off over next few days. DO NOT do anything to help the process—avoid any scrubs or rough towels.
- Swelling can occur & be more prominent around the eyes, especially in the morning.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: Apply a cold compress for comfort. In some cases, an RX may be recommended & given if there is a history of cold sores. Please let the provider know if this is needed.
- HYDRATE: Your skin will become drier than normal. Use post-laser creams such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion, or Gentle Recovery Complex as required for comfort.
- PROTECT: Apply sun protection immediately after the procedure and continue to use daily. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Sunlight. Avoid sunlight for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Until the skin has healed, avoid swimming or other exposure to chemicals.
- Allow your skin to dry. (Please remember to be diligent about using post laser creams recommended to you by providers).
- Exercise or other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause an adverse reaction. It also encourages the swelling process.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Sleep with extra pillows. Elevation can alleviate swelling.
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in a refrigerator, so it’s comforting upon applications.
Apply Post Laser Lotion liberally to keep skin from becoming dry and tight. The cream will prevent your skin from becoming itchy and painful.
A Gel Mask is available for purchase at an additional cost. (It has a built-in recovery complex!)
Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.