TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
PRIOR TO TREATMENT:
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This includes Airbrush or stains) 24 hours prior to treatment.
- On day of treatment keep your face clean & do not apply make-up.
- If in an active or extreme acne breakout occurs before treatment contact provider.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned normally subsiding in 1-2 hours. Your skin may appear red & blotchy with swelling. Your skin can continue to be red or pink for a 24 hour period after treatment.
- In some areas of the skin you may get a bruise due to the trauma of the needles, this is normal, especially in areas that have been worked due to scarring.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: We recommend using ALLURE Vitamin C. Our specialized blend has active growth factors that enhance the reactions of your DermaPen treatment. Strength will be determined by your provider.
- HYDRATE: Your skin will become drier than normal. Post laser creams such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion or Gentle Recovery Complex should be use as needed for comfort.
- PROTECT: Immediately after procedure apply SPF. for daily care in sun. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Sunlight for 24 hours. (This includes tanning beds)
- Swimming or other exposures to chemicals until skin is healed.
- Exercise or other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause adverse reaction.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Sleep with extra pillows. Elevation can alleviate swelling.
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in refrigerator so it’s comforting upon applications.
- Apply Post Laser Lotion liberally to keep skin from becoming dry & tight.