TREATMENT REGIMEN & HOME CARE
- Avoid any prolonged sun or tanning exposure (This includes Airbrush or stains) 24 hours before treatment.
- On the day of treatment keep your face clean & do not apply make-up.
- If in an active or extreme acne breakout occurs before treatment contact provider.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED?
- Your skin may feel warm or sunburned, which should subside in 1-2 hours. Your skin may appear red & blotchy with swelling. Your skin can continue to be red or pink for a 24 hour period after treatment.
- In some areas of the skin, you may get a bruise due to the piercing of the needles. Bruising is normal, especially in areas treated for scarring.
- CLEAN: Use a soothing cleanser with no abrasives & tepid water. Make sure your hands are clean & pat dry with a towel. Do not rub skin!!
- HEAL: We recommend using ALLURE Vitamin C. Our specialized blend has active growth factors that enhance the reactions of your DermaPen treatment. (The strength will be determined by your provider).
- HYDRATE: Your skin will become drier than normal. Post laser creams such as Green Tea Hydration Lotion, or Gentle Recovery Complex should be used as needed for comfort.
- PROTECT: Immediately after the procedure, apply SPF, which should also be used daily to protect from the sun. Allure offers chemical free SPF, protection without irritation.
- Stay out of the sun for 24 hours. (This includes tanning beds)
- Swimming or other exposures to chemicals until your skin has healed.
- Exercise or other strenuous activity for 24 hours. Sweating & gym environment can be harmful due to bacteria & may cause an adverse reaction.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Sleep with extra pillows. Elevation can alleviate swelling.
- Put your Post Laser Lotion in a refrigerator, so it’s comforting upon applications.
- Apply Post Laser Lotion liberally to keep skin from becoming dry & tight.
- A Gel Mask is available for purchase. It has a built-in recovery complex.
- Your Aesthetician can provide product education for your best result.
Should there be questions or concern regarding your procedure feel free to contact our office (586) 992-8300.