The Truth Behind Vein Disease
Have you been living with big, ropy leg veins? Maybe you’ve noticed the skin texture of your calf has become more and more scaly and discolored over time. If you have been living with these leg issues because you think they’re just “cosmetic” problems, you couldn’t be more wrong.
Vein problems in our legs is a health issue – not a blemish that can be covered up or a condition for which one can take a pill. Once vein issues appear, no medication or lotion will make them go away. If you work on your feet all day, or travel, shop, or walk a lot, it’s easy to forget about the extra physical stress you put on your legs.
Allure Medical is proud to present “Beneath the Surface,” a new video series focusing on veins, and vein disease. In the series, we’ll explore the cause of the problem and tell you what can be done to resolve your issues. While vein removal may sound scary and painful, know that technology has progressed to a level where health care providers are now able to help in ways like never before.
- Do my legs feel heavy?
- Do my legs ache, or itch?
- Do I feel numbness in my legs?
- Do I have restless legs?
These are common symptoms of varicose veins or vein disease, which can occur in anyone. Men are susceptible as well as women, and symptoms can often go unnoticed. Allure Medical is here to help – and you can check out our episodes here on the website to find out more.
In the meantime, we have some tips for keeping your legs healthy:
- Maintain a healthy diet and stay hydrated – drink plenty of water!
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Exercise often – it helps pump the blood to your heart
- Get in the pool! – exercise or walk in the water, especially late in the day
- Wear compression stockings (these aren’t your grandma’s pantyhose!)
- Keep your skin well moisturized, especially in the lower calf and ankle area.
Remember to pace yourself as we gear up for the holiday season. Vein health means leg health which in turn requires an active, but smart lifestyle!